Robotics jobs in the United Kingdom (UK)
Robosynthesis, based near Reading, Berkshire (near M4 corridor, M3, Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Basingstoke) in the United Kingdom is the industrial modular robotics platform that’s reconfigurable in-the-field to perform a wide range of missions using a variety of sensors and tools, different physical configurations, and various terrain-optimised traction systems. Our platforms have been used at CERN in the LHC, at Chernobyl, at the National Physical Laboratory, inside gas pressure vessels, and even in chicken sheds.
Find out about out UK-based robotics jobs here.
Robot developers! Come speak to us!
We always on the lookout for enthusiastic roboticists to help us change the world; if you’re currently working in the robotics field, or if robotics is your extra-curricular passion, we’d love to hear from you (mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Check out the current robotics job positions below, and get in touch, and if you don’t see a role that exactly matches your skills, contact us anyway; great teams are built upon a foundation of passionate individuals. If you’re passionate about robotics, speak to us and lets discuss your dreams; if there’s a match between yours and ours that’s a great place to start a conversation!
Current robotics jobs
Robotics Software Engineers / Developers (all levels)
Location: Twyford (M4 Corridor – near Reading, Slough, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Bracknell)
About the Business
Robosynthesis ( http://robosynthesis.com ) is a modular industrial robotics platform that’s reconfigurable in-the-field to perform a wide range of missions using a variety of sensors and tools, different physical configurations, and various terrain-optimised traction systems. Our platforms have been used at CERN in the LHC , at the National Physical Laboratory , inside gas pressure vessels, and even in chicken sheds(!).
We’re recruiting robotics software developers with open-source robotics experience to join our young and growing team working on a range of research and commercial projects. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of software development, from architectural design and planning, through to the delivery of well-designed, testable and efficient code. We’re a close-knit team with a passion for robotics and new tech. Want to join us?
- Collaborate on flow charts, layouts and documentation to clarify requirements & solutions. Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility;
- Write well-designed, testable code. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system;
- Develop automated software test plans and quality assurance procedures;
- Document and maintain software functionality;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
Important Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering or other relevant field;
- Experience as a Software Engineer/Developer on robotics projects;
- High proficiency in Python and/or C++;
- Proficiency and demonstrable experience in Robotics Operating System (ROS.org);
- Good understanding and proven experience in key robotics areas: Motion planning, SLAM, Manipulators
- (FK, IK, Robot arms), wheel/drive control, Autonomous Intelligent Systems;
- Understanding of networked systems and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP for ROS);
- Proficiency in Git. Experience with Unix systems, specifically for robotics or low-latency applications.
- Experience in Agile software development, and use of Confluence, Trello, Slack, etc
- Embedded systems, simulators (Gazebo), deploying code on hardware
- Electronics knowledge and experience. Networking and comms (ethernet, adaptive RF, COFDM).
Contact us now and tell us about yourself; why you love robotics, and why you’d be a great addition to our team.
How to apply
Email us at email@example.com and tell us about yourself and why you’d be a great addition to our team.
Download this job Description (PDF): 2018 10 22 – Robotics Software Engineers Developers